Virtual Disaster Dispatch Team Volunteer ( Rockingham County)
Help those in need from the comfort of your own home!
Red Cross is seeking volunteers to be a part of their volunteer dispatch team. Disaster Dispatch Team volunteers receive calls and details from the local Emergency Management Service (911) about local disasters including home fires.
They alert Red Cross’s Disaster Action Team (DAT) who respond to provide emotional support, financial assistance, and information to help families begin the process of recovery. Duty Officers provide support to the DAT team throughout the response. All training is provided by Red Cross.
- Must have access to technology and be able to volunteer remotely from home
- Leadership and Communication Skills
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details for DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations
All volunteers must complete an online application at redcross.org/volunteer
About American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross to support its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering. There are many ways you can volunteer in your local community, and we are always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels . We have diverse volunteer opportunities in Blood Services, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Communications, and Volunteer Services.
3692 NC 14, Suite AReidsville, NC 27320
November 2, 2021
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Disaster Response
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are on call once a week from 7am - 7pm or 7pm - 7am. The position is flexible and most volunteer 2-4 shifts a month.