Cambria County-Workforce Engagement Team Member-Join!
American Red Cross
The purpose of this position is to perform Disaster Engagement readiness activities needed to support the regional disaster workforce.
This position is responsible for tasks assigned by the specific Disaster Workforce Engagement Team program lead:
- Support the annual workforce engagement goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for volunteer engagement through participation in meetings and projects.
- Projects and participation will be assigned according to the area of interest: onboarding/placement, deployment, training, recognition and appreciation, leadership development, Volunteer Connection/profile management and/or engagement.
- Projects may include but are not limited to conducting volunteer interviews, updating profiles in Volunteer Connection, recognition, analyzing reports/data, scheduling volunteers, etc..
- follow and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
- adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
- build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals.
- be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
- Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
- Volunteer Connection
About American Red Cross
250 Jari Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904, US
Mission Statement The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.