VOLUNTEER UI & DIGITAL COORDINATOR
Volunteers are integral to helping things run smoothly at our EFBA nonprofit.
The User Interface Designer & Digital Coordinator works with the COO and Web Developer in creating better ways of delivering digital content.
This role is responsible for creating engaging online experiences through the design and development of user interface (UI) features based on peer feedback, trial & error, and QA testing. This role requires an eye for visual design and solid understanding of EFBA’s brand identity. This role also involves elements of Graphic Design, Web Design, System Administration and Digital Marketing.
What are are looking for:
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience editing a Wordpress website (content, plugins, styles)
- User interface experience (preferred)
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, thoroughness, and organizational skills,
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with social media sites, digital marketing tools and apps
- Creative, detail-oriented mindset
- Technology literacy, including the ability to learn and use a variety of softwares and apps
- Ability to clearly and effectively report data and research results
*Note: Volunteers who are contacted will go through a series of interviews and complete a case assignment. Volunteer who is offered the role will be subject to a background check and fees/costs associated with it will be the responsibility of the volunteer.
- Ability to perform under minimum supervision
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive information
640 DAVIS ST UNIT 26, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94111, US
Education Française Bay Area was created in 2009 by Gabrielle DURANA to give access to all children to a bilingual education, in our case French. We are a WASC accredited part-time school. Our non profit organization offers high quality yet affordable French after schools, summer camps and cultural programs to both francophone and French as a Second Language children, aged 5-18. The classes take place in local schools of the Bay Area. Our mission statement is simple: to provide a bilingual, multicultural francophone education, opening doors and minds to the world.
"Ideas are a dime a dozen. People who implement them are priceless." Mary Kay Ash
We want to make the world a better place. We believe every child, every person has a potential and it is our individual and collective duty to empower that human through care, guidance and education to become truly part of society.
Care is not enough, we need action and we need justice. We are the change we seek. Howard Thurman once wrote: "Don't just ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you alive, and do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive".
Are you alive? Then let's put our energy into something bigger than ourselves and hold each other accountable to protect the children, protect the planet, protect the world's biological and cultural diversity. Yes, we can change the world together from here. Change will not come if we wait for some other person, for some other time. We, the people are the change we seek.