Armstrong County-Disaster Recovery Team Member-Join
American Red Cross
Support the disaster recovery of individuals, families, and communities through the activities of Casework and Recovery Planning, Recovery Systems, and Community Recovery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct client interviews: both initial interview and follow-up conversations, according to standards
- Assess qualifications for direct client assistance
- Use the Client Assistance System 2.0 to document the assistance and services provided in the client record according to standards
- Assist with recovery planning, problem-solving and advocacy on request according to standards
- Provide clients with information and referrals to community partners
- Learn about the Recovery activities and develop knowledge, skills, expertise in Casework and Recovery Planning, Systems and/or Community Recovery
Has the option to work remotely after completing required training.
Varies depending on regional projects and priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
- Be kind, caring, resourceful, knowledgeable.
- Demonstrate interest in learning about community resource organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting. Has the ability to use CAS 2.0.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients, internal and external customers; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
Treats people equitably; works effectively with diverse populations.
Is able to:
Sit for 2 hour periods.
Is in the process of completing or has completed the required training:
Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
Recovery Services: An Overview
Casework and Recovery Planning Fundamentals
Direct Client Assistance Fundamentals
Meet the Client: What is a Family?
CAS: Overview video
CAS: Creating a Case video
CAS: Recovery Planning video
Psychological First Aid
About American Red Cross
250 Jari Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904, US
Mission Statement The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.