Armstrong County-Emergency Management Agency Team Member-Join!
American Red Cross
The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain productive working relationship with government partners, diverse groups and internal Red Cross units during steady state to fulfill Government Operations objectives, build capacity and support effective service delivery to victims during disaster. They are responsible for ensuring Red Cross actions are aligned with, supportive of, and complementary to government. They effectively represent the Red Cross to external partners, manage internal and external expectations, establish and monitor situational awareness, and seek, collect, evaluate and communicate critical information.
Emergency Management team member develops and maintains productive working relationships with government partners, diverse groups and internal Red Cross units during steady state to fulfill Government Operations activities and objectives to enable an effective and efficient community response during a disaster while adhering to the principles of the Red Cross.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Emergency Management function:
- Develop and maintain consistent, collaborative relationships with government partners or ensure
- Maintain and share situational awareness and program updates/information with partners, including shared threats/hazards and capacity data
- Assist in developing holistic and seamless disaster cycle plans (i.e. mass care) in partnership and in-sync with government
- Contribute to planning and exercises and coordination meetings; as appropriate, serve as the mass care/ESF 6 subject matter expert and lead/convene planning and coordination
- Support the annual DSC regional goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for a community response by building and maintaining relationships through collaboration and facilitating communication with partners, coordinating projects, and participating in local response activities
- Customer Focus - is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that she/she sees as challenging.
- Manages Diversity - Treats all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes.
- Ability to adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity
- Good organizational skills, responsible and punctual.
- Demonstrated active listening skills.
- Demonstrates evidence of previous work or volunteer experience in a collaboration role.
- Ability to submit accurate, concise and timely information and verbal or written reports to the assigned supervisor and/or others as required or requested.
- Ability to participate and contribute in regular meetings.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with officials in the community.
- Demonstrates ability to involve appropriate others in managing problems and conflict.
- Ability to acquire and evaluate information.
- Demonstrates skills in Government Operations systems & procedures.
- Ability to utilize the electronic emergency management software utilized by the EOC to log activities, submit reports, post documents, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows platforms especially Excel and Word.
* Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
* Collaborating Essentials
* Government Operations Fundamentals
* Government Operations Center Liaison Fundamentals
* Concept of Operations Overview
* Everyone is Welcome
* National Shelter System Fundamentals
* Shelter Fundamentals
* Public Affairs Essentials
FEMA Online Training
* IS-100.b Introduction to Incident Command System
* IS-700.a NIMS An Introduction
* IS-800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction
* Mass Care: An Overview
* Operations Planning Fundamentals
* Incident Reporting Fundamentals
* Disaster Assessment Fundamentals
* Logistics: An Overview
* Recovery Services: An Overview
* Mobilize the Community: An Overview
* IS-200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
* IS-230.d Fundamentals of Emergency Management
* IS-405 Mass Care/Emergency Assistance Overview
* IS-368 Including People with Disabilities and Others with Access and Functional Needs in Disaster Operations
About American Red Cross
250 Jari Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904, US
Mission Statement The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.