Assistant Website Editor
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
STRIVE4You is looking for a creative and passionate Web Editor to assist our Website Coordinator with developing and implementing our strive4you.org website content. As a assistant Website Editor, your main goal will be to produce high-quality web content that attracts an audience as part of the Marketing & Communications Team.
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content using the Word Press platform.
- Assist with visual layout of content
- Regularly check and track content for accuracy
- Edit, proofread and suggest improvements to written content.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team members made up of marketing, social media professionals, photographers, and others to develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance brand identity, broaden awareness of program offerings, and increase visibility across key audiences.
- Integrate Social Media into website content for better presence
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations
- Track and analyze website’s traffic, producing reports to present to the Website Coordinator and Marketing & Communications Team.
- Keep abreast with new trends in web technology
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals with disabilities through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients. We achieve this mission through providing professional development opportunities, disability awareness training, mentoring, and adaptive sports and recreational activities.
You can learn more about us at www.strive4you.org.
Assistant Web Editor requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Web Editor or working knowledge with Word Press is preferred
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- experience with software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc. is preferred
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
POSITION TIME REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate is available 10 - 12 hours a month, but may fluctuate based on current project.
This is an unpaid position; course credit arrangements are gladly negotiated. Volunteers are highly valued members of the STRIVE4You’s team and contribute to making a significant difference in STRIVE4You’s ability to reach the end users. STRIVE4You will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
300 Berkley Drive Apt A10, Madison, TN 37115, US
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients; achieving an inclusive society for all.
Through our services and peer to peer programs we STRIVE each and every day to Achieve an inclusive and more productive society for all. We achieve this goal through our core principles of strength, training, recreation, inspiration, vitality, and empowerment (STRIVE).
Our programs include life skills and advocacy educational classes for transition aged youth, inclusive physical education classes for children of all ages, recreation and sports programs for people with disabilities, advocacy training. and peer to peer life coaching and mentoring from successful people of all abilities to assist them through their individual situations.
We also provide consulting, professional development opportunities, and outreach services to professionals in communities across the United States. These services are in the form of webinars, online courses, in-person hands on workshops, and trainings at conferences. All trainings are conducted by experienced qualified professionals eager to empower our communities through inclusive and quality education, to promote lifelong learning for all