- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
22 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
22 people are interested
Are you a passionate, driven, team oriented, and self-motivated leader eager to use your talents to empower people with disabilities to live life to its fullest? STRIVE4You is actively recruiting individuals to serve as a team member on our Board of Directors to propel our Mission. STRIVE stands for Strength through Training and Recreation, Inspiring Vitality and Empowerment. You will not find a more dedicated team with a sincere passion to see others succeed. We believe that everyone has the capacity to be someone great, and we strive every day to inspire all of us to achieve our full potential. At STRIVE4You, our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation while educating professionals to better serve their clients.
We are seeking strong outgoing individuals from diverse backgrounds to lead our organization. The following areas are suggested but not required. We can train those willing to learn, but passion, motivation, and determination to succeed are core values you must bring to the table. Target areas of need include;
- Nonprofit & business Leadership
- Disability Advocacy
- Public Relations
- Accounting & Finance
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Young Professionals/Students
- Anyone willing to learn and build valuable skills
To serve as an active voting Member of the legally constituted Board of Directors, which has authority and responsibility for the development of policies and continuing review of the conduct of the business of Strive For You.
Board Members will be elected to a term in accordance with the bylaws of Strive For You. Terms will either be one or two years long beginning in January thru December. Our board terms are setup on a rotating bases.
- Willing to accept and promote the mission, goals and objectives of Strive For You
- Has demonstrated significant leadership capability in the community, and is willing to provide that expertise to the operation of the Board and its Committees
- Able and willing to serve effectively as a representative of the organization and involve others in the work of Strive For You
- Each member of the Board of Directors shall attend at least two thirds (2/3) meetings of the Board per year. Advises the Chair or the President if unable to attend a meeting and make arrangements to receive relevant materials
- Each member of the Board of Directors shall contribute at least two hundred cash dollars ($200) to the organization annually, all or part of which may come from the tax deductible value paid for or solicited by the Board member, and received by the Corporation. No contribution credit shall be given for in-kind donations. Provided, however, that the $200 cash requirement for any board member who joins after the beginning of the fiscal year for his or her initial term shall be prorated accordingly.
- Must willingly and effectively communicate with ALL board members and staff in a timely, clearly, and in a professional manner.
- Must conduct themselves professionally at all times as a representative of the organization.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- The Board of Directors may outline further requirements and responsibilities in other documents, such as board or policy & procedural manuals. In such cases the Board of Directors shall periodically review and update these requirements by a majority vote of the Directors present at any regular or special meeting.
- Be familiar with ALL governing documents, including but not limited to; the bylaws, all policy and procedure manuals, strategic and program plans, and annual budgets.
- Keeps Board "files" up-to-date by adding new material as they are received
- Builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus
- Stays informed about Committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments, completes them professionally, and meets required deadlines
- Support the resolutions and actions of the Board of Directors, irrespective of personal opinion
- Board Members must reach consensus on the hiring of the Executive Director and undertake a careful search to find the most qualified individual for the position
- Board Members must actively participate in an overall planning process and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan's goals
- Monitor and strengthen programs and services. The Board's responsibility is to determine which programs are consistent with the organization's mission and monitor their effectiveness
- Actively participate in acquiring adequate financial resources for the organization, by assisting the Financial Committee’s initiatives to fulfill the organization’s mission
- The Board must assist in developing the annual budget
- Ensure that proper financial controls are in place
- All Board Members have a responsibility to articulate prerequisites for candidates, orient new Members, and periodically and comprehensively evaluate their own performance
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity. The Board is ultimately responsible for adherence to legal standards and ethical norms
- Enhance the organization's public standing. The Board should clearly articulate the organization's mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public and garner support from the community
A Board Member should expect to spend 4 - 6 hours a month on activities of Strive For you in addition to the Board of Directors meetings. A minimum of three meetings will be held a year via teleconference. Hours may fluctuate depending on current task or project.
300 Berkley Drive Apt A10, Madison, TN 37115, US
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients; achieving an inclusive society for all.
Through our services and peer to peer programs we STRIVE each and every day to Achieve an inclusive and more productive society for all. We achieve this goal through our core principles of strength, training, recreation, inspiration, vitality, and empowerment (STRIVE).
Our programs include life skills and advocacy educational classes for transition aged youth, inclusive physical education classes for children of all ages, recreation and sports programs for people with disabilities, advocacy training. and peer to peer life coaching and mentoring from successful people of all abilities to assist them through their individual situations.
We also provide consulting, professional development opportunities, and outreach services to professionals in communities across the United States. These services are in the form of webinars, online courses, in-person hands on workshops, and trainings at conferences. All trainings are conducted by experienced qualified professionals eager to empower our communities through inclusive and quality education, to promote lifelong learning for all
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 1, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 5 - 7 hours a month
- See description.