The Educator Outreach Coordinator works on a variety of projects which enable the collaboration between Compathos / Films for the Planet and educational institutes around the world, by fostering partnerships with educators, youth and service providers, and other community outreach organizers.
Essential Functions Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building partnerships with educators, community organizers, and youth and service providers to educate them about educational documentaries and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Serving as primary contact with schools and community members seeking to utilize Films for the Planet's educational material to educate people on the SDG’s
- Manage calendar of education and outreach efforts
- Conducting research on SDG related issues
- Assist with developing program materials for interns, volunteers, clients and community members
- BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain partnerships
- Knowledge and experience with interaction on social media groups
- Bilingual strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest work
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Patience, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
4200 Day Spring Ct, Pleasant Valley, CA 95667, US
Compathos is a media production, research, and education organization harnessing the transformative power of the arts and media to inspire action.
Compathos shares stories that inspire action, to bring positive and compassionate change to the world. Compathos fulfills its mission to educate and inspire by producing award-winning films, immersive / interactive media, youth media and travel expeditions, screenings and events, and a VOD platform Films for the Planet - the best in environmental and social action films.
We also support the work of social change artists through fiscal sponsorship and work with a host of non-profits, artists, indie filmmakers and movement-makers in combined efforts to affect positive world change through media impact. By providing strategic insight, Compathos helps content producers and mission-driven organizations maximize their social impact and navigate the shifts in technology and storytelling.
The Compathos community of award-winning creative professionals recognize the power of arts, media and entertainment as a dynamic force for transformation and social good. Browse our media-rich story tapestry of over 1500 educational and awareness raising resources on Compathos publishing platform.
Our projects and organizational activities depend primarily on Board, intern, and volunteer services. We rely on donations to help us reach our program goals.