5 people are interested
Local Lady Needs Shopping Buddy For Area Errands
ORGANIZATION: Aging and Disability Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
A local lady in the Bolton community needs a shopping and errand buddy for the local area. If you have just a few hours a week you can assist her - either while you do your own shopping or on a special day set aside for errands and coffee. It takes just a few hours a week to make a difference for a neighbor who is legally blind. Special skills required include positive personality, patience and willingness be part of a community of caring.
Requirements to be a great volunteer include:
- a desire to help others;
- a pleasant demeanor;
- a good reading/speaking voice;
- average reading skills;
- organizational or planning abilities;
- a good driving record;
- a clear criminal history;
- two references
- access to a car with proof of insurance;
- a minimum of $50/100k liability and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Volunteers will be matched within three to five miles of home or work.
About Aging and Disability Services
184 Windsor Avenue (Main Office), Volunteer Positions are in Most CT Towns, Windsor (Main Office), CT 06095, US
Maximizing opportunities for the independence and well-being of people with disabilities and older adults in Connecticut. Core Values INTEGRITY: We interact honestly and fairly with all others, adhering to strong ethics, values and principals. RESPECT: We value and recognize others for their unique skills, talents and contributions, and are considerate in all interactions. PROFESSIONALISM: We are mindful of our daily conduct and strive to have the highest work standards with a courteous attitude. OPEN COMMUNICATION: We encourage the sharing of information and knowledge in an accurate, honest and supportive way.
Aging and Disability Services: Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind
Welcome to the Department of Aging and Disability Services. Our programs, policies and practices are designed to:
- Deliver integrated aging and disability services responsive to the needs of Connecticut citizens;
- Provide leadership on aging and disability issues statewide;
- Provide and coordinate aging and disability programs and services in the areas of employment, education, independent living, accessibility and advocacy;
- Advocate for the rights of Connecticut residents with disabilities and older adults; and
- Serve as a resource on aging and disability issues at the state level.
The Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind enables its clients to become more self-sufficient and to maximize their participation in the community, at school and in employment settings. It is important to note that most people who are legally blind retain a significant degree of practical vision.
Main StreetCenter StreetBolton, CT 06043
September 13, 2022
- Elder care
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This is very flexible - choose what works for you and others may also help. Just be sure to honor your commitment!
- Must be patient with others who need a little more time or encouragement.