9 people are interested
COME: STEMTrips Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
JerseySTEM curates/develops curricula to teach to middle school underserved girls in NJ. Classes have included Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering and Life Sciences
Classes offer the opportunity to students to experience critical thinking, problem solving, team work
The classes are designed to be taught by undergraduate college students.
In addition the classes, the students are exposed to "professionals" who come and speak in their class.
Essential Duties of the position:
- Using the JerseySTEM linkedin account, send linked invitations to selected professionals to give a talk to the kids
- When speaker accepts, send them example of presentation
- Choose amongst all the classes available which one would be the best fit.
- Coordinate with the coaches on the ground about the timing of the talk so they are logged in
- After the talk is given, send a thank you note to the speaker with a picture of the event
Essential Qualifications and skills
- Genuine concern about/interest in solving the gender gap and opportunity gap in education in general and STEM education in particular
- Resourceful, Can-do attitude
- Willingness to interact with speakers
- Can use email and text
Virtual Locations, Florham Park, NJ 07901, US
At this time, we are only able to enlist the help of volunteers with an address in the United States or Canada. If you are not located in the United States or Canada, pls do not apply to JerseySTEM and and good luck applying to the many great charities who are equipped to manage non US/Canada based volunteers. Good Luck. JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to girls grade 5-8 from underserved communities in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 11, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Monday-Friday: check email to see if there is an urgent email follow up. Wednesday 6:30 p. Join the College Engagement weekly call to go over the new opportunities Once a week:Explain JErseySTEM to a stakeholder: Student Club, A School representat
- JerseySTEM utilizes G-Suite (Gmail, Sheets…), JIRA and Slack Since most roles in the organization are virtual, it requires access to a personal computer and WiFi