Board Member; Board of Directors
Searchlight Society is a grassroots non-profit organization (5013c) striving to assist individuals experiencing homelessness. By utilizing a mental health approach, and applying biopsychosocial principles and theoretics, we aim to reduce and decrease the amount of individuals experiencing homelessness. Composed of professionals including college students, interns, and passionate volunteers; Searchlight Society is making impacts in the homeless crisis by providing Street-Level Outreach, Comprehensive Case Management , HOME Line Services, Sanitation and Encampment Services, and Crisis Calls and Intervention.
Searchlight Society is expanding its board and seeks individuals who strongly understand and support its mission and the community it serves.
**Board members are volunteers who meet to ensure the legal and fiduciary responsibilities of the organization.
Specific tasks include
* Providing leadership for the fund development strategies of the organization
* Determining Searchlight Society mission and vision, ensuring effective strategic planning
* Monitoring and strengthening Searchlight Society programs and services
* Providing financial oversight and monitoring the stewardship of assets.
* Regularly assessing the board and its functions
BOARD MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
* Commitment to and advocacy for Searchlight Society mission, values, and strategic priorities
* Regular attendance at Board Meetings (quarterly), Committee Meetings (quarterly), and special events
* Collegial, ethical, and respectful behavior at all times.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES may include expertise in several of the following or related areas
* Work in corporate, nonprofit, or government sector
* Experience in philanthropy or fundraising
* Leadership in organizations, community, or schools
* Career in law, financial management, marketing, technology, or education
TERM OF OFFICE Board members serve three-year terms and may be elected to serve up to two consecutive terms. Start date is the quarterly Board meeting following the Board nominee’s election.
About Searchlight Society
1142 S Diamond Bar Blvd., Diamond Bar, CA 91765, US
To combat homelessness one individual at a time.
Searchlight Society wants to spread our message of hope and compassion. We believe that a single action can make a difference in the community, and that collective action can greatly impact the world. Through advocacy and outreach activities, our team works tirelessly each day to contribute their part to the greater good. Our goals are to create affordable housing, life and job skills training, as well as job creation for low income and homeless individuals.