Catholic Charities of Central Colorado\Marian House Meal Preparation and Service
Catholic Charities of Central Colorado
Catholic Charities Marian House recommends volunteers with an increased risk of getting very sick from COVID-19, age 65 and older, those with underlying medical conditions, or compromised immune systems, consider these factors before choosing to volunteer. Volunteers are needed for the following shifts:
- Monday through Sunday:
- 7 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. food prep
- 9;45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. food service
- A full day option of 7 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Minimum age for volunteers is 13 on weekdays, 14 on weekends, under 16 accompanied by an adult.
Currently Marian House Kitchen is offering a hot to-go meal only.
For more information call the Volunteer Office Help Desk at (719) 866-6559 or email: VolunteerOffice@ccharitiescc.org, or
visit our website www.ccharitiescc.org
About Catholic Charities of Central Colorado
228 N Cascade Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, US
To enchance the value and dignity of human life, the mission of Catholic Charities of Colorado Springs is to provide services to people in need, to advocate for justice in social structures, and to call the entire church and other people of good will to do the same.
Catholic Charities provides services to people in need through 4 main programs as follows:
1. Marian House Soup Kitchen-provides a hot,nutritious meal 7 days a week, 365 days a year to anyone who needs it.
2.Marian House Poverty Reduction Services-provides material goods, support, information, referrals and case management. Also delivers needed items to people who cannot otherwise access service in the community and accepts and pick ups donated items.
3. Family Immigration Services-provides services to the immigrant popultaion to help them better integrate into the community; such as, English as a Second Language classes, workshops, socialization. Also provides Immigration and Naturalization services.
4. Life Connections-a licensed and accredited child placement agency, prepares adoptive families to nuture and parent children in need of a stable family home. Provides pregnancy counseling, adoption services, pre-natal nurturing education, post abortion support, relinquishment counseling of parental rights.