There are a variety of ways Board Members can/are asked to be involved in our organization.
- Attending Board Meetings: Board meetings occur quarterly via conference line as our board is scattered around the world. Those meetings last roughly 1 ½ hours.
- Projects: In terms of other work, we ask folks to take on one project that aligns with your skill sets and interests. To provide a few examples, right now we have members doing the following:
- Researching and reviewing grants
- Working on fundraising
- Assisting with corporate giving programs
- Helping with accounting
- Mentoring some of our colleagues based in South Africa.
Who We Need: People with expertise in law, grant writing, fundraising are especially needed; however, the single biggest thing the Board looks for is passion for our mission and a willingness to contribute at least one hour per week to our organization.
Term: Two years
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
4400 UPPER MOUNTAIN RD, LOCKPORT, NY 14094, US
Inkululeko's mission is to provide South African township youth with the skills, support and guidance necessary to apply, attend and succeed in university; to challenge the bigotry of low expectations for township youth; and to provide sustainable, positive change; student-by-student, generation-by-generation.
Formed in 2011, Inkululeko is a dynamic non-profit organization that works with motivated students in Grahamstown, South Africa. The organization is heavily woven in to the community to identify the challenges and opportunities for education. Inkululeko provides qualified staff that has knowledge on the local culture and is hired to lead key initiatives.
Inkululeko is a space for youth from disadvantaged backgrounds to individually, and collectively, improve areas of academic deficiency. Believing in the transformative power of education, Inkululeko provides a space where motivated students will be provided with academic and moral support to perform at the highest level, regardless of socio-economic status, race, gender, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or nationality.