Help the Helotes Humane Society save animals by becoming an animal foster parent. We are always in need of good foster homes for the animals we take in. You can decide which animals (dogs, puppies,cats, kittens) to foster and we will provide all the supplies you need. This is great way for teens to earn community service hours for school groups and college applications. Please visit our website at: www.hhsanimals.org to fill out an application to become a foster parent.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Helotes Humane Society
P.O.Box 908, Helotes, TX 78023, US
The Helotes Humane is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 all volunteer organization incorporated in March of 2008. We are dedicated to helping improve the lives of companion animals in our growing community and surrounding rural areas. We accomplish our main goal by promoting the benevolent treatment of animals through community education, outreach programs and promoting responsible pet ownership. We encourage foster care as an alternative approach to traditional shelters and distribute pet food to individuals and other animal support groups.
To achieve our mission, we pursue the following goals:
1. Establishing a network of foster families within our community to care for abandoned and neglected dogs and cats
2. Conduct public adoption events to focus on finding suitable permanent homes for animals
3. Promote low cost spay and neuter services and responsible pet ownership at all HHS events
4. Establish a lost and found network for the community
5. Provide low cost mircrochipping to the public
6. Provide healthcare to include extraordinary veterinary expenses associated with diseases such as heartworm and feline leukemia
7. Provide ongoing public education about animal health, welfare and available resources
8. To keep pets in their homes by providing temporary food to families who might otherwise be forced to surrender their pets to shelters
9. To assist other animal support groups by providing pet food on an ongoing basis
10. To rescue shelter animals in support of the City of San Antonio's
The Helotes Humane Society helps homeless animals in our community through education, adoption, and promotion of low cost spay and neuter resources.
We'll work with your schedule.
10675 Shaenfield Rd.San Antonio, TX78254
December 16, 2020
Animal Care / Handling
Must be at least 18
Orientation or Training
Varies depending on the type of foster animal - puppies and kittens require the most time.
Minimum age to be the "Official Foster" is 18; families with teens under 18 looking for community service are welcome as well.