3 people are interested
'It's Good To Talk' - Community Befriending Volunteer (Face to Face)
3 people are interested
The Carerstrust East Midlands supports carers and their loved ones across Nottinghamshire.
Do you have two hours a week to provide social and emotional support to a carer and/or their family face to face? This could be within their own home or you may choose to go out for a walk. We even have people wanting support down their local pub!
We are looking for volunteers who love a good natter and have a big, warm heart. No previous experience is required and full training is given.
We support carers in a number of ways via our Community Befriending Volunteers:
- Visiting them, the carer, and providing social and emotional support. Giving them someone to talk to
- Visiting their loved one and giving them, the carer, some time off to relax and look after themselves
- Visiting their loved one and giving them, the loved one, a friend to talk to, a fresh pair of ears
As long as you're friendly and reliable, with the ability to remain calm and patient, with an understanding and respect of the privacy of others, and good communications skills, then we would love to hear from you.
This volunteering opportunity is suitable for anyone aged 18 or over with so many things to offer you in return:
- Are you looking to get back into work? Develop your skills and CV, and after 3 months we shall provide a reference on request
- Are you considering a possible career change into a caring role? This experience will give you an insight into providing care. If you are looking to specialise in a specific area of care i.e. dementia then we can try and match you with a suitable carer and their loved one
- Do you have a little time to spare such as a stay at home parents maybe with older children, semi retired, or retired? This not only makes you feel good supporting others but it can also provide you company and support
- Do you simply want to give something back to your local community? This really will give you a sense of pride in yourself that you really are making a difference in someone's life
Call the Carerstrust East Midlands today on 0115 8246666 or 07860 957571 for more information on how you can make a difference in your local community.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Tuvida Nottinghamshire Volunteer Service
19 Pelham Road, Nottingham, East Midlands NG5 1AP, GB
The vision of Tuvida is to see a world where every carer can live a life with independence, choice and peace of mind. We value integrity, creativity, passion and the community.
Tuvida support over 800 family carers and the people they care for across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and more. We offer a flexible, professional care service to people of all ages with a range of health conditions and disabilities.
NottinghamshireNottingham, England United Kingdom
September 13, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We fully appreciate anytime that you can give. To provide consistent support we prefer that you can volunteer two hours per week, any day, and time, changeable weekly. We know during school holidays etc this may not be possible.
- We will need to carry out a criminal record check (DBS) for you to volunteer for us. The Carerstrust East Midlands will fund this. Note, a criminal record does not mean you cannot volunteer for us. We assess everyone individually.