During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Do you sew? We need your help! We are a Hospice Organization caring for patients throughout the state of NJ. We are currently facing a national shortage of face masks and protective gowns. We are looking for individuals or groups to sew cotton face masks and cotton gowns to help protect our amazing nurses and home health aides, who continue to care for our patients during this difficult time. This is a great way to help from the comfort of your own home, while keeping yourself and your family safe! Email us at Volunteer@Gracehcs.com or call Kathleen at 732-947-6801 to get started! We thank you so much!!
Instructions for face masks:
1) Use tightly-woven cotton fabric.
2) Please remember that both women and men in a variety of roles may wear these masks.
3) Please add a pocket (front or back, doesn't matter) so we can insert a filter. Our plan is to buy air conditioning filters and cut them to size. If you have 3M air conditioner filters, these can be used. The filter needs to be removable during cleaning.
4) Elastic is in short supply. It is not necessary. Ties made from ribbon or bias tape are perfect.
5) When your masks are complete, please call Kathleen at 732-947-6801 or email Volunteer@Gracehcs.com to arrange pickup. We will do no-contact pickups/deliveries!
6) Collected masks will be immediately sent to laundry/processing to be prepared for use.
Links to instructional videos/sewing pattern:
Instructions for protective gowns:
*Feel free to use other DIY patterns you may have access to!
**Although a location is listed, this project is to be completed at home! Thank you!!
101 Fieldcrest Avenue, Suite 304, Raritan Plaza III, Edison, NJ 08837, US
It is our belief that the delivery of hospice care can be taken to a new level of excellence by those who understand the privilege of what it means to serve the terminally ill. Grace Healthcare Services was founded by a group of hospice professionals who value that opportunity and privilege. We are dedicated to advancing the quality of hospice care in the communities that we serve. Our promise is to utilize the inherent expertise of our staff to educate consumers and serve patients and families with the highest level of dignity and grace.
Grace Healthcare Services is a Hospice organization serving patients throughout New Jersey. Our most significant relationships begin with our patients and their families. Personalized care, peace of mind and satisfaction guide every decision we make. It is the commitment of Grace Healthcare Services to deliver palliative/comfort care to our patients, attending to their physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs, and to serve as a source of strength and support to the family and/or caregiver.
We'll work with your schedule.
680 Route 202/206 NorthBridgewater, NJ 08807
March 26, 2020