Volunteers Change lives in their community by volunteering with Give an Hour
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Give an Hour Embraces the work of all our volunteers and realizes that without your help, we could not fulfill our mission. Give an Hour offers a variety of available projects. There is a critical need to effectively respond to the mental health needs of trauma victims and by harnessing the skills and generosity of communities, together we can provide those in need with help and hope.
We are working hard to share resources with our communities in response to COVID-19. This can all be done while abiding to the CDC guidelines.
Administrative Volunteer (featured blogger, graphic designer, photographer volunteer, social media volunteer)
Fundraising Volunteer (Alex and Ani Jewelry party host volunteer, Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) volunteer, grant researcher)
Program Specific Volunteer (Campaign to Change Direction, Reserve Component Program Outreach Volunteer)
Outreach Volunteer (Rolling Thunder, Student Liasion, Provider Recruitment Volunteer, Military Community Outreach Volunteer, Primary Care Liaison, Yellow Ribbon Event Volunteer, Community Outreach Volunteer)
For more information and to register as a Give an Hour Volunteer, please visit: https://giveanhour.org/give-help/organizational-volunteers/
As a Give an Hour Volunteer, I agree to serve and commit to the following:
- To perform my volunteer duties to the best of my ability.
- To adhere to Give an Hour policy and procedures, including confidentiality of Give an Hour information. In particular, I affirm that all information I learn about Give an Hour is deemed to be strictly confidential. I shall not disclose any confidential information about Give an Hour, its staff, and its volunteers to an individual, organization, or media.
- I understand that as a volunteer, I will not receive an monetary payment for my services.
- I understand that I must keep a valid, personal email on file and that if I opt out of receiving emails from Give an Hour that I will be removed from the Give an Hour volunteer database.
- I understand from time to time photographs will be taken and as a volunteer I understand they will be used on the Web site and for media use.
- Continued volunteer service is contingent upon fulfillment of volunteer responsibilities, maintaining professional conduct, and acceptable performance.
- Volunteers may be dismissed for good cause or for failure to perform.
Give an Hour
Give an Hour(tm) is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3), that harnessing the skills and generosity of licensed mental health professionals to provide those in need with help and hope. Give an Hour provides no cost mental health to specific populations, with a national focus on military and loved ones. firstname.lastname@example.org
About GIVE AN HOUR NONPROFIT CORPORATION
PO BOX 5918, BETHESDA, MD 20824, US
Give an Hour’s mission is to develop national networks of volunteers capable of responding to both acute and chronic conditions that arise within our society. By harnessing the skill and expertise of volunteer professionals, we are able to increase the likelihood that those in need receive the support and care they deserve.
We believe that within our communities we have the resources to address many of the challenges that face our society. These challenges, such as time in military service or victims of crime, often result in emotional pain and suffering. Since 2005 we have focused on providing free mental health care to active duty, National Guard and Reserve service members, veterans, and their families. In 2015, Give an Hour launched the Campaign to Change Direction, a public health effort designed to change the culture of mental health so that those who are suffering emotionally are better able to seek and receive care. In 2016, we began expanding our efforts to address the mental health needs of other populations. Presently, we are seeking licensed mental health professionals to serve multiple populations.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
March 25, 2020
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Social Work
- Providers offer 1 hour per week for one year. Not all providers will have a client for this time frame. Clients may be seen in person, via phone or video counseling.
- You must be fully licensed by a mental health regulation body in the District of Columbia to qualify for this volunteer role.