Silver Angel Volunteers (Nursing)
Kaiser Permanente LAMC
Silver Angels Description:
The Silver Angels Program will bridge the geriatric population with the LAMC facility by enhancing the patient experience with a focus on the 4 M’s (Mentation, Mobility, Medication Education, What Matters).
Silver Angels Role Description:
Silver Angels support the geriatric population by utilizing patient visits to reduce length of stay, reduce readmission rates, and increase patient satisfaction. Volunteers will act within their scope of service to provide mental stimulation through cognitive centered activities.
Silver Angel Roles and Responsibilities:
- Focused Patient Rounding: The Silver Angel will be assigned to assist and accompany the 75+ inpatient population and their family.
- Identify any questions or concerns the patient/family may have and direct them to the appropriate staff member.
- Participate in activities to maintain their alertness, orientation and cognitive level
- Assist with feeding (if needed)
- Obtains R.N., permission before:
- Giving a patient fluid
- Giving a patient food
- Assistance with Patient transport to daily activity (if authorized by nurse)
- Communicates any needs or concerns of patient to primary nurse
- Assist with patient and family discharge process
- Assist with patient mobility (if able to walk with minimal assistance)
- Disinfect all material used
- Document (daily log) activity done with patient
About Kaiser Permanente LAMC
4867 Sunset Blvd, Volunteer Services Department, Los Angeles, CA 90027, US
The Volunteer Services Department at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center has been established to develop and maintain a caring, compassionate and efficient volunteer staff who offers an extra dimension of care and services to our members, their families without replacing any paid position through the Medical Center campus.
The Los Angeles Medical Center Volunteer department consists of over 800 volunteers, donating over hours in 40 different areas of the hospital, mostly in patient care areas. Kaiser LAMC Is the Teritiary Center for all of the So. Cal Kaisers, our specialties include our Heart Center, our Stroke Center, our Neuro Center and many more. We also are one of three Pediatric Specialty Care Centers for Kaiser Permanente So Cal.
Our volunteers experience a high level opportunity to interact with our members whether it be at the front desk greeting and checking in our members or as a Care Partner up on the nursing units.
Our volunteers get first hand experience interacting with hour physcians, nurses and other healthcare professionals, who are invested in growing the next generation of healthcare providers.
Steps to become a Volunteer
A commitment of 200 hours per years served our patients needs best. Prior to applying to be a volunteer, please ensure that you can help out for the entire 200 hours required.
To obtain an application please copy and paste the following URL and submit to the volunteer office: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=2054278339