Volunteers needed to make face masks!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
Do you sew? We need your help! We are a Hospice Organization caring for patients throughout the state of NJ. We are currently facing a national shortage of face masks. We are looking for individuals or groups to sew cotton face masks to help protect our amazing nurses and home health aides, who continue to care for our patients during this difficult time. We can provide instructions and supplies as needed. This is a great way to help from the comfort of your own home, while keeping yourself and your family safe! Email us at Volunteer@Gracehcs.com or call Kathleen at 732-947-6801 to get started! We thank you so much!!
1) Use tightly-woven cotton fabric.
2) Please remember that both women and men in a variety of roles may wear these masks.
3) Please add a pocket (front or back, doesn't matter) so we can insert a filter. Our plan is to buy air conditioning filters and cut them to size. If you have 3M air conditioner filters, these can be used. The filter needs to be removable during cleaning.
4) Elastic is in short supply. It is not necessary. Ties made from ribbon or bias tape are perfect.
5) When your masks are complete, please call Kathleen at 732-947-6801 or email Volunteer@Gracehcs.com to arrange pickup. We will do no-contact pickups/deliveries!
6) Collected masks will be immediately sent to laundry/processing to be prepared for use.
There are many DIY patterns on Pinterest or elsewhere on the internet.
Links to instructional videos/sewing pattern:
About Grace Healthcare Services
101 Fieldcrest Avenue, Suite 304, Raritan Plaza III, Edison, NJ 08837, US
It is our belief that the delivery of hospice care can be taken to a new level of excellence by those who understand the privilege of what it means to serve the terminally ill. Grace Healthcare Services was founded by a group of hospice professionals who value that opportunity and privilege. We are dedicated to advancing the quality of hospice care in the communities that we serve. Our promise is to utilize the inherent expertise of our staff to educate consumers and serve patients and families with the highest level of dignity and grace.
Grace Healthcare Services is a Hospice organization serving patients throughout New Jersey. Our most significant relationships begin with our patients and their families. Personalized care, peace of mind and satisfaction guide every decision we make. It is the commitment of Grace Healthcare Services to deliver palliative/comfort care to our patients, attending to their physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs, and to serve as a source of strength and support to the family and/or caregiver.
We'll work with your schedule.
515 Jack Martin BlvdBrick, NJ 08724
March 24, 2020
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- Whatever you are willing to give is so appreciated!