Virtual Choreographers - SoulDeevas Dance Team
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
We are looking for talented and committed individuals to serve as "virtual choreographers" for the SoulDeevas' Hip-Hop Mini-Majorette Dance Team. You can learn more about the SoulDeevas by visiting their website at www.souldeevas.com and can see some of the ladies in action on their Instagram Channel - @souldeevas. Our program's operations have been suspended indefinitely because of the pandemic, but we don't want to lose the interest of the young ladies who have registered to be part of the team.
Virtual Choreographers can help us in one or all of the following ways -
1. Develop an original three minute dance routine that incorporates hip-hop (primarily) and infuses other genres of dance. You would then upload that routine for us to share with the girls using our "Virtual Studio Room" on the BAND app. They would learn it as they have time and once we return to our in-person practices, we will tighten it up. That would be it.
2. Develop a 1.5 minute "stand battle routine" which incorporates hip-hop style. This will be used in competitions. Get as creative as you want! You would then upload that routine for us to share with the girls using our "Virtual Studio Room" on the BAND app. They would learn it as they have time and once we return to our in-person practices, we will tighten it up. You can use a fast/medium or slow tempo song. That would be it.
3. You can sign on to teach "virtually" at a schedule that we determine. For instance, you could sign on to teach our minis every Saturday from 1pm to 1:30pm. Day and duration are up to you. We would have our girls sign on at the appointed time and you could teach live. You can do this for a specified period of time, or indefinitely. This will require you to download the Zoom and BAND apps.
Hip-hop majorette style dance is desired but NOT required - but hip-hop style dance is critical.
This is fairly new for us, but a great way to combat the loneliness and isolation that the pandemic is causing. Plus, it's a great way for our girls to connect with other talented dancers from across the Globe. We would serve as a professional reference for you for as long as needed and would list you on our social media channels and website as a Guest Choreographer.
If you are in school and can use this for community service/internship credit, we would gladly verify that time.
Our team is broken up into three divisions - so we'd ask that you choose which division you would like to work with. You are free to do choreography for all over time if you'd like - the divisions are -
Minis - Grades K to 5 (Beginners, but they love to be challenged)
Seniors - Grades 6 to 10 (Have some dance experience, but also love a challenge)
Collegiate - Grades 11 to Age 25 (Have some dance experience and respond very well to challenges).
If you are interested, please email email@example.com and let tell us a little bit about your dance experience. We can set up some time to chat by video or by phone (or even by email) and flesh out how we get started.
Thanks so much for your interest. We'll get through this together, but in the meantime - keep dancing!!!
About Friends of MJHS
Post Office Box 823, Rahway, NJ 07065, US
The mission of MJHS is to aid in the provision of quality education and sound character building programs for young people.
Friends of MJHS ("Friends") is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation organized for the purpose of generating contributions, pledges and funds for the development and ongoing support of Mission Junior High School (MJHS), a school that will provide students in grades 6-8 with a high quality Christian education through a well balanced, yet challenging curriculum that ministers to the spirit, soul and body.
Friends will also provide funds, management and ongoing support of The New Mission Project (TNMP), a character building program that will serve all youth regardless of their religious affiliation. TNMP will include programs that provide activities, resources and support during critical out-of-school time hours in a safe, nurturing environment that works from a strengths-based, youth development perspective.
To accomplish these goals, Friends works collaboratively with Kingdom City Fellowship, who will ultimately sponsor the school.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
March 23, 2020
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
- Must be at least 16
- Very Flexible
- Strong hip-hop dance experience required