23 people are interested
MKTG: Marketing Content Writer
Please visit the new page to apply.
23 people are interested
The Marketing Content Writer works with the Marketing Team as well as JerseySTEM Outreach Teams to develop, edit and publish messaging that aligns with and supports the JerseySTEM Mission.
- Lead messaging development for a variety of communication platforms, including email campaigns, website content, social media, brochures and other marketing collateral.
- Collaborate with other volunteers in developing marketing programs to drive awareness, participation and support among universities, college students, community partners (e.g., schools and libraries), corporations and foundations.
- Apply creative thinking and ability to write in a variety of voices and styles to appeal to diverse target audiences.
- This position is writing-intensive and perfect for someone who has a passion for writing.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years of experience in some of the following activities: copywriting, copy editing, writing website or email copy, blogging
- outstanding writing and grammar with refined proofreading and editing skills
- highly organized with the ability to work on multiple projects
- self-motivated and deadline-driven
Required Education and Experience
- Preferred but not Required: Bachelor's Degree preferably in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field
Weekly Time Commitment Required
- 3 hours or project based
Virtual Locations, Florham Park, NJ 07901, US
At this time, we are only able to enlist the help of volunteers with an address in the United States or Canada. If you are not located in the United States or Canada, pls do not apply to JerseySTEM and and good luck applying to the many great charities who are equipped to manage non US/Canada based volunteers. Good Luck. JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to girls grade 5-8 from underserved communities in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 29, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 21
- 3 hours/week or project based