Volunteer Engagement Volunteer ( Wasilla )- Virtual
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Alaska Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Consults with departments on position interviewing and on-boarding, planned growth experiences, and volunteer career development.
- Provides consultation, coaching and training resources to promote positive workforce relationships (employees with volunteers, volunteers with volunteers) and effective ongoing volunteer engagement.
- Follows up with volunteers and departments to ensure proper placement and job satisfaction.
- Consults with departments through the Department Volunteer Engagement Lead, regarding the leadership potential of volunteers and supports requesting departments in developing leadership and advancement opportunities for volunteers.
- Serves as the point of contact for reassignment or referring volunteers to other departments, or if not a fit for Red Cross to other agencies.
- Connects supervisors of volunteers to Volunteer Services HR relations team for mediation and facilitation of volunteer grievance and performance-related issues.
- Leads ongoing discussions with requesting departments about volunteer engagement cycle, roles and responsibilities working to identify what’s working and lessons learned.
- Helps departments build and engagement plan that is manageable and supported by the department leadership.
- Conducts regulars scheduled meeting with Department Volunteer Engagement Leads to ensure continued support and guidance
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Works with team members to ensure the integration of their work with volunteer recruitment, referrals and screening, recognition, and Volunteer Connection.
- Ensures all volunteers are properly introduced to the mission, vision, values, structure, and programs through an effective regional orientation program.
- Supports Volunteer Services, as a department, to ensure high levels of engagement and satisfaction for volunteers working within the department
About American Red Cross - Alaska Region
235 East 8th Avenue, Suite 200, Anchorage, AK 99501, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
851 Westpoint DrWasilla, AK 99654
September 12, 2022
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training