During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
During the COVID 19 pandemic crisis, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah are still taking volunteers and that they can enroll 100% virtually and be matched and start mentoring now virtually as well. We are allowing some one on one personal contacts/visits with proper social distancing. We believe in a world where every child lives up to their full potential--where all children are supported, loved, and cared for. Become a defender of potential. Join the more than 700 volunteer mentors across Utah to make a difference in the life of a Little.
Many relationships between Bigs and Littles fall under our Community-Based program. This simply means that the mentoring takes place somewhere in the community. Meetings might take place on weeknights or weekends, and include all types of one-to-one outings and activities, such as:
We are actively recruiting Commuity-Based Bigs right now.
Volunteer Enrollment Process
1. The first step is to go through the online Volunteer Orientation here: http://bbbsu.org/volunteer
2. After you have completed the online volunteer orientation process, our customer relations specialist will send you an enrollment packet to complete and a link to schedule your in-person interview.
3. Bring your completed application to the in-person interview.
4. After completing your in-person interview, our enrollers will contact your references while you complete online training.
5. Then once everything for enrollment is completed, a decision will be made about acceptance into our program, and if that is favorable, we will make every effort to match you with a mentee.
Note: All of our volunteers must complete the application, pass a background check (or, if under 18, must have a parent permission slip instead), provide at least 3 references, and meet with one of our enrollment staff for an interview before being assigned a web-based mentor training.
2121 South State Street #201, Salt Lake City, UT 84115, US
We provide Utah Children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better.
For over a century, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been helping change kids’ perspectives and giving them the opportunity to reach their potential. And we have over a century of volunteers, donors, and advocates just like you to thank.
We'll work with your schedule.
530 East Tabernacle StreetSt. George, UT 84770
June 4, 2020