25 people are interested
Grant Researchers (Volunteer)
25 people are interested
Do you love to write, or research? Are you a detailed person? Do you want to learn what is involved in writing grants? Or, do you already love to research or write grants and simply want to help?
Join our research team! We will provide a 1 hour clinic, our prospect research form, and access to the online resources. We will have a spreadsheet to track our findings and check in as a group on a monthly basis
- Each volunteer is committing to research between 1-3 minimum grants a week.
- After the Director of Philanthropy reviews the work submitted, volunteers who submit consistently high quality work will be invited to become grant writers (volunteer) and initially will be offered to draft a portion of a grant.
- Eventually, volunteers who submit consistently high quality work will be invited to write a full grant with a staff partner.
Volunteers will need to complete our Volunteer Application, have an online interview, two references (not friends or relatives). Must be a US resident (due to background check which will be required).
About VALLEY CITIES BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CARE
325 West Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032, US
Valley Cities mission is: Compassion. Connection. Community. Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care contributes to healthy communities and quality of life in King & Pierce Counties through the development, promotion, and delivery of exemplary behavioral health care services. Valley Cities’ vision is: Valley Cities provides inpatient and outpatient mental health, substance use disorder treatment, along with support services to individuals, children, and families living in King County. We believe that with treatment, anything is possible.
Valley Cities Counseling & Consultation (VCCC) also known as Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care (ValleyCities.org) was founded in 1965 in Auburn by a group of local citizens who recognized the need for accessible mental health services in South King County. Over the years the agency has grown and expanded to provide substance use disorder treatment, a call center (answering over 145,000 calls annually), veterans services, housing and homelessness outreach, employment services, co-located behavioral health and primary care and inpatient substance abuse treatment. A wide variety of specialty and innovative programs, as well as evidence-based treatments are offered. Services are now provided throughout King County in 14 locations and 1 location in Pierce County.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 21, 2021
- Technical Writing
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours minimum a week. This will allow for 1 to 2 grants to be researched as week. Should the volunteer be offered to write, the time commitment is outlined for the project.
- Must have computer with internet access. Preferably have a mic and camera as well. Our grant team meets weekly from 4:30 to 5:30 to review workflow, answer questions and support one another.