Lakewood Volunteers - Connect with Hospice Patients One-on-One!
Holisticare Hospice is looking for individuals who are interested in supporting our patients and families, wherever it be in their homes, or in long term care facilities, throughout Ocean, Monmouth and Middlesex Counties!
How can you benefit by being a volunteer?
- Increase meaning and purpose in your life
- Feel pride in making an impact
- Experience significant opportunities for growth and development
- Be appreciated
Be a friendly companion:
- Visit patients near your school, work, or home
- Read to patients, engage in sensory and emotional memories, assist with life review and activities, give a hand massage, play music, sit vigil and more!
- Contribute to our patients’ quality of life just by being there
We offer you:
- FREE TB test
- Extremely flexible assignments - daytime or evening, weekdays or weekends
- Convenient FREE training that fits your schedule
- Ongoing volunteer education
- Volunteer gatherings
About Holisticare Hospice
1144 Hooper Avenue #208, Toms River, NJ 08753, US
From its inception, the mission of Holisticare Hospice has been to ensure that end-of-life care envelops the patient, their caregivers, and their families with spiritual and physical comfort. Forgoing curative treatment and opting for a palliative approach allows hospice care to be provided where the patient lives, surrounded by family and friends with the support of experienced healthcare professionals.
Hospice is a type of care and a philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill patient’s symptoms. These symptoms can be physical, emotional, spiritual or social in nature. Hospice care is provided to people that have a limited life expectancy and choose comfort and relief from pain and other symptoms.
We'll work with your schedule.
LakewoodLakewood, NJ 08701
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours per week.
- Must have reliable transportation to visit patients at their homes or in long term care facilities.