During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
*****Much of the training, meetings and the job can be down remotely**************
Responsibilities: Mass Care provides activities and services on a congregate basis to the community as a whole including feeding, sheltering, reunification, and distribution of emergency supplies.
This position is responsible for the collaborative leadership of the Mass Care programs within the region including:
1. Support the annual mass care goals and RDO objectives
2. Oversee and supervise regional feeding leads, sheltering leads, distribution of emergency supplies leads, and reunification leads
3. Develop a plan for mass care services
4. Implement strategies, initiatives, processes and procedures that support the successful region wide day-to-day provision of Mass Care services
5. Develop and maintain relationships with local feeding, sheltering, distribution of emergency supplies, and reunification partners
6. Serve as the Red Cross subject matter expert (SME) and provide oversight for mass care at both local level as well as in the co-lead role of ESF-6 within the National Response Framework
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
We'll work with your schedule.
707 N Main StWichita, KS 67203
March 18, 2020