Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Description: This position serves the role of overseeing the Medical Team and ensuring that the highest quality of medical and behavioral care is received for all our animals.
Reports To: Intake and Medical Manager.
Schedule and Time Commitment: 10 - 15 hours/week. This is an ongoing opportunity.
Location of Work: Office and remote/from home.
- Team Responsibilities:
- Maintain a team and list of:
- Supply Specialists.
- Veterinary Liaisons.
- Office Assistants.
- Coordinate new volunteer training.
- Confirm all appropriate follow-ups are completed with veterinarians, veterinary offices, fosters and volunteers.
- Tracks and records vaccinations
- Coordinate, and at times administer, vaccine updates.
- Coordinate, and at times administer, microchip updates.
- Provide medications to foster families with sick foster pets.
- Track medications for re-order.
- Coordinate preventatives and dewormer at transports.
- Veterinary Offices:
- Provides authorization to veterinary offices regarding vetting.
- Works directly with veterinarians to resolve medical issues.
- Ensures all updates are received from veterinary offices.
- Ensure proper follow-ups are completed when necessary.
- Approve veterinary visits.
- Monitors and responds as soon as possible to complicated medical correspondence.
- Respond to all emails and Slack messages relating to medical issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond to requests for suture removal or preventatives.
- Communicate animal needs to Manager and Executive Director as needed, receiving approvals from one or both on expensive procedures.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue organization that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adopted pet parents.
We are a no-kill animal rescue based in Cincinnati and Staten Island, New York. We are proudly foster based, meaning our animals live in homes, not shelters. This allows us to more thoroughly get to know our animals, ensuring they are matched with suitable, screened adoptive homes that meet our high standards. In 2019, we saved over 2,600 animals.