Adoption Event Coordinator
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Description: Working with various organizations to coordinate and organize positive, professional and efficient adoption events.
Reports To: Foster and Adoption Manager.
Schedule and Time Commitment: Various. This is an ongoing opportunity.
Location of Work: Various
1) Working with the Organization
- Work directly with organization regarding all aspects of the event.
- Ensure all organization rules and guidelines are followed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Available crate and kennel space.
- Medical paperwork.
- Number of animals allowed.
- Setup and breakdown days and times.
- Space needs.
- Tables (and tents, if needed) are provided or need to be provided by LLAR.
- Transport, loading and unloading locations.
- Complete any end-of-event paperwork the organization requires.
2) Coordination with Fosters:
- Reach out to fosters requesting they attend the event.
- Keep fosters up to date on all information regarding the event via Slack, Facebook and email.
- Provide guidance and support keeping fosters informed of day(s) and time(s) that they will be attending with their foster animal.
- Assist with foster transportation and/or transport location if needed (New York only).
- Ensure that they know pets are to be crated as well as make sure they are aware of any notifications or potential issues prior to event start.
- Advise fosters that they should be prepared to discuss their foster pet's personality characteristics as well as answer questions regarding fostering and volunteering with the rescue.
- Provide mentorship for new fosters or fosters that are attending their first event.
3) Coordination of Volunteer Help:
- Coordinate all volunteer help for event. This would include, but not be limited to, volunteers to help with:
- Transportation of animals, supplies, tables and crates to/from event.
- Setup of crates, tables, table covers and all marketing materials.
- Shift help for each day of the event.
- End of event breakdown of crates, tables, table covers and all marketing materials.
- Keep volunteers up to date on all information regarding the event via Slack, Facebook and email.
- Provide guidance, direction and support to volunteers working the event, including youth volunteers.
- Ensure that all volunteers know the policies and procedures for animal handling.
- Update all volunteers regarding any notifications or potential issues prior to event start.
- Ensure that volunteers are prepared to discuss and answer questions regarding fostering, volunteering and donating to the rescue.
4) Marketing and Development
- Coordinate with Marketing and Development to ensure table covers, PR material and signage is current.
- Ensure any marketing materials needed are requested well in advance of event.
- Work with social media coordinator to promote events.
5) Day of Event - Prior to Opening:
- Prepare site space by ensuring that tables, chairs, supplies and pet crates are set up and/or available for volunteers, fosters and adopters.
- If multi-day event, ensure any overnight supplies needed have been arranged.
- If tables are used, check that they will carry combined crate/pet weight without endangering the animal.
- Crates are to be setup and checked that a pet will not be able to escape or injure itself.
- Computers and hot spots are to be turned on 30 minutes prior to the event to ensure that laptops are connected to WIFI and functioning properly.
- Ensure that foster's and volunteer’s belongings are safely stored under tables or out of the way of the event space.
6) During Event
- Use SHELTERLUV to provide applicant screenings on-site for same-day adoptions and finalizations.
- Provide a level of escalation to any foster or volunteer requiring assistance with an adopter, event patron or foster pet.
- Immediately take charge of the area, fosters and volunteers in case of a major disruption during the event, whether it is a single person who is upset or site emergency.
7) After the Event
- Ensure breakdown, packing up of all LLAR materials and supplies and clean-up of the event site.
- Provide end of event report for organization if requested.
- Provide LLAR end of event report to include:
- Number of animals adopted.
- Any problems, issues or concerns that occurred at the event.
- Improvements for event if LLAR will be participating again.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue organization that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adopted pet parents.
We are a no-kill animal rescue based in Cincinnati and Staten Island, New York. We are proudly foster based, meaning our animals live in homes, not shelters. This allows us to more thoroughly get to know our animals, ensuring they are matched with suitable, screened adoptive homes that meet our high standards. In 2019, we saved over 2,600 animals.