DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Position & Responsibilities
Volunteer will be responsible for transporting residents safely and promptly from Tubman East in Maplewood to Sun Ray Shopping Center, using the Tubman van. Shuttle departure times from shelter will be 10:30am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, and 5:30pm Monday-Friday.
Impact & Benefits
- Assist clients without their own transportation in getting their basic needs met
- Enable clients to connect in the community and have a positive impact on the quality of their lives
- Drive shelter residents to and from the Sun Ray Shopping Center using the agency van
- Ensure cleanliness and functionality of van, communicating with staff and other volunteers if concerns arise
- Build positive, safe, and supportive relationships with clients
Qualifications & Expectations
- Have a valid driver’s license, current insurance, and good driving record
- Clear communication, good decision-making and time-management skills
- Comfort with driving a van (no special license required)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries
- Ability to work with diverse teams and clients to foster a culturally inclusive environment
Time Commitment & Availability
- Weekday availability; minimum commitment of one round trip per week
- Attend Tubman’s Volunteer/Intern Orientation and Trainings
- Supervised by Shelter staff
3111 First Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55408, US
To advance opportunities for change so that every person can experience safety, hope, and healing.
Each year Tubman helps nearly 25,000 people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who are facing relationship violence, sexual assault, exploitation, homelessness, addiction, mental health challenges, or other forms of trauma. We provide safe shelter, legal services, mental and chemical health counseling, youth programs and community education.
We'll work with your schedule.
1725 Monastery WayMaplewood, MN 55109
- Bus/Van Driving
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Weekday availability; minimum commitment of one round trip per week.