Front of Shop Assistant / Greeter
Ogden Bicycle Collective
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD.
When we re-open to normal operations we will need help. Please contact us to express your interest in the position and we will keep you informed when it will begin.
Help us to promote cycling as a cornerstone of a cleaner, healthier, safer society by joining us as a Volunteer Greeter and Front of Shop Assistant. Yours will be the friendly face customers meet upon entering the Bicycle Collective. Meet and serve folks in our community, develop and use your customer service skills, and help people to find their dream bike. To apply or schedule an interview email email@example.com
Volunteer: Greeter and Front of Shop Assistant
The Volunteer Greeter and Front of Shop Assistant is the friendly face customers meet upon entering the Bicycle Collective. They will greet customers as they come in, answer their questions, offer new customers a brief tour, and assist them with purchasing bicycles.
- Greeting visitors and explaining our mission and the way the shop works.
- Discussing and answering queries about the OBCs mission and programs with visitors in the shop.
- Showing retail bikes and offering basic information on bikes and parts, directing more in-depth questions to staff.
- Assisting with purchases - ask a staff member to check before processing.
- Assigning workstations and explaining policies for bench use.
- Checking bench users in and out, ensuring tools are put back and benches cleaned when users are finished.
- Checking specialty tools in and out or directing questions to staff.
- Helping bench users with initial questions, if possible, or else directing questions to staff.
- Helping with shop duties in the workbench/shop front area depending on demand (e.g. sorting parts, pricing items, cleaning and organizing).
- Answering queries about the volunteer program.
- Directing questions regarding daily tasks towards Volunteer Coordinator.
- Ensuring volunteer sign-out/time-tracking.
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Length of Appointment: Saturdays for a minimum of 3 months. You are responsible to notify the Volunteer Coordinator at least one week in advance of shifts that you cannot attend, or to find a sub from our core volunteer group.
Time commitment: Saturdays 12-3pm or 3-6pm for a minimum of 3 months. Schedule is negotiable.
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- Friendly, honest and trustworthy
- Willingness to learn
- Strong support for the mission of the Bicycle Collective
- Enthusiasm for cycling and basic bike knowledge is a plus.
Support: Training will be provided. The Volunteer Coordinator and other employees will be available for questions and assistance during each shift.
- Learn and use skills in a busy community bike shop.
- Further our mission by promoting cycling and empowering others.
- After 4 hours of service volunteers receive member benefits in the following month.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Ogden Bicycle Collective
936 28th Street, Ogden, UT 84401, US
The mission of the Bicycle Collective is to promote cycling as an effective and sustainable form of transportation and as a cornerstone of a cleaner, healthier, and safer society. The Collective provides refurbished bicycles and educational programs to the community, focusing on children and lower income households.
In order to support our charitable services, we operate a fully functional bike shop open to the public. We carry a selection of previously owned, fully refurbished bikes that are ready to ride out the door at exceptionally reasonable prices, as well as a full selection of replacement parts from tires, tubes and cables to brakes, wheels, and frames.
We specialize in repair education--we teach you how to repair and maintain your own bike. From flat tires to full overhauls, our mechanics will walk you through the step-by-step procedures of how to get your ride rolling smoothly once more.