Refuge 139 Trip Leader
Target Staff Type Supported
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
Wycliffe missionaries live all over the world serving the needs of Bibleless people. In order for them to do their work effectively, occasionally these missionaries need to have area meetings, training and most importantly an opportunity for personal spiritual refreshment. The major obstacle for all the adults to fully participate in these meetings is, who is going to take care of the kids? Refuge 139 responded to this need by creating a high quality, VBS-type program catering to the specific needs of missionary kids. We are looking for someone to join our team and lead several trips a year.
- Make sure there is an adequate number of team members to help run a Refuge 139 program
- Responsible for making sure all team members on his/her trips are fully vetted
- Ensure team members of his/her teams have been trained
- Ensure that all fundraising is being done for his/her trips
- Serve as the primary contact with each entity for his/her trips
- Ensure that program supplies are available on each trip
- Verify flights, visas, accommodations, and activities are planned for his/her trips
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Previous international travel experience and a continued willingness to travel
- Enjoys working with kids.
- Knowledge and experience of creating and managing budgets
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.