Creativity Crew - Event and Development Promotions
The Starfish Foundation is seeking a social media volunteer to join our Creativity Crew. This person will promote upcoming events, challenges, and fundraising initiatives through various social media platforms. This will include both content creation and regular posting and promotion on our primary social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook). This is a great opportunity for anyone with social media experience who would like to support Ecuadorian youth on the path to a better future!
WHERE: FLEXIBLE. The Starfish Foundation’s U.S. operations are based in Baltimore, MD, but the location of the volunteer is flexible. We meet digitally once per month.
- Develop a deep understanding of the mission, vision, values and goals of The Starfish Foundation
- Create content for our primary social media channels, Facebook and Twitter
- Develop strategies for secondary platforms such as Instagram and Tumblr
- Assist in the management of our accounts on all platforms
- Conduct research for special projects
- Other assigned tasks as needed
- A passion for education and youth in Latin America
- A genuine interest in social media
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Willingness to check in at least twice a week
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior knowledge of Starfish is a plus
WORKING HOURS: Working hours and goals will be set up based on individual tasks. On average this volunteer will donate 1-2 hours/week to Starfish, but certain times of year (particularly around Giving Tuesday and Year End) will have more responsibility than others.
About STARFISH FOUNDATIONINC
1433 Cherry Lane, West Chester, PA 19380, US
To be a premier means for at-risk Ecuadorian youth to achieve a post-secondary education.
The Starfish Foundation coordinates three main programs in Flor de Bastión in Guayaquil, Ecuador: scholarship, tutoring and leadership development. The Starfish Foundation distributes scholarships in the form of all books, uniforms and materials required by the school. Students earn their scholarship based on participation in our tutoring program, motivation to study and economic need. All Scholarship students participate in tutoring. Other students from the neighborhood are also invited to participate in tutoring to receive academic help and have the chance to earn a scholarship for the following year. All of our students, to demonstrate their commitment to their studies as well as their social commitment to their community, participate in community service and leadership development workshops.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 8, 2021
- Event Design & Planning
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- WORKING HOURS: Working hours and goals will be set up based on individual tasks. On average this volunteer will donate 1-2 hours/week to Starfish, but certain times of year (around Giving Tuesday & Year End) will have more responsibilities.
- Please fill out our application at https://form.jotform.com/71095181914154