Marketing & Communication Intern - 2021-2022 School Year
The Arc Minnesota
The Arc's Marketing & Communication Intern is a stipend eligible position for the 2021-2022 school year and includes a $1000 stipend payable in December and May. Supports marketing and communication staff in process and tool development, planning, marketing, logistics and execution of organization and community-based events by incorporating the general marketing and communication needs of the organization in all aspects of the work. This position will report directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager and the Director of Marketing.
- Data entry and management; includes updating mail lists, subscribing and unsubscribing customers
- Word Press related tasks such as updating the website, form development, creation of web banners, webpage design, logo table creation, event creation, event draft templates and related tasks
- Event management assistance and logistical coordination; includes venue research
- Mail merges, event registration and event name tag creation
- Creation, design, marketing and communication of event materials; includes fliers, brochures, posters, mailers, web related content and participant/staff communication
- Creation and execution of social media posts, email and print marketing campaigns, etc.
- Creation/expansion of website updates & design manual
- Web and database related work as needed
- Research and categorize media partners by needs, focus and style; draft press releases
- Update and expansion of Arc Intranet content
- Other duties as requested
Professional Development Opportunities:
- Includes a $1000 stipend payable in December and May
- Improved writing, marketing, project management and event planning skills
- Gain valuable experience with email marketing resources and platforms
- Knowledge, experience and technical skill development in event planning and execution
- Gain a better understanding of the issues facing the disability community
- Invited to training opportunities for personal and professional development
- Expand professional portfolio and knowledge of marketing and communication
- Demonstrate professional demeanor in behavior, appearance and communication to multiple audiences
- Demonstrate skill in effective use of resources and time management
- Attend to professional roles and boundaries
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with great attention to detail, not limited to grammar and punctuation
- Ability to research efficiently and report findings effectively
- Good interpersonal skills; works well with others and autonomously; respects all people and work styles
- Process and project planning, web-based, Eventbrite and related technology based skills helpful
- Reliable, flexible, detail oriented and open to feedback
- Outstanding organizational, time management, problem solving and proficient computer skills required
- Manages multiple priorities and follows a project through to completion
- Committed to furthering Arc’s mission and participation at Arc’s Value Village
Time Commitment: A marketing and communication focused position for the 2021 - 2022 school year. An exit interview will also be conducted to gauge intern experience and to make recommendations for improvement.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through statewide programs and services, we help people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity, and belonging in community.
About The Arc Minnesota
2446 University Ave W, Suite 110, Saint Paul, MN 55114, US
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities.
The Arc Minnesota changes attitutdes, changes policies, and changes lives. The Arc Minnesota does this by providing individuals and families information and assistance around disability rights, laws and services. The Arc also provides workshops, support groups, counseling, individual and systems advocacy from birth throughout the lifespan.