HR Intern, Volunteer & Intern Management - 2021-2022 School Year
The Arc Minnesota
The Arc’s HR Intern, Volunteer & Intern Management is a stipend eligible position for 2021-2022 school year and includes a $1000 stipend payable in December and May. The Arc’s HR Intern, Volunteer & Intern Management is a self-motivated collaborator who performs a variety of recruitment, placement, training, evaluation, recognition, communication, connection, management and administrative duties to support agency and thrift store operations and outcomes. This position supports a broad range of volunteer and intern activities.
- Assists with intern & volunteer opportunities; includes creation of position descriptions, posting & interviews
- Conducts volunteer recruitment and community outreach
- Assists volunteers with sign up on thrift online volunteer calendar
- Assists with management of intern program, intern growth and development opportunities
- Coordinates intern welcome week, check in, logistics, exit interviews, volunteer appreciation, etc.
- Coordination and participation of volunteers at events, i.e. The Arc Gala, Tapemark, BOO, Merry Thriftmas
- Process volunteer/intern applicants and provide screening to ensure applicants are appropriate and available for volunteer and intern positions
- Train staff on working effectively with volunteers and interns
- Conducts staff check ins and creates methods to increase intern and staff satisfaction
- Tracks outcomes and hours of volunteers/interns in Arc’s database; Salesforce & CiviCore
- Administrative and database support; generate quarterly volunteer reports reflecting departmental outcomes
- Evaluation of volunteer program; make recommendations for improvement
- Identify items to be posted on The Arc’s Facebook page and other social media modalities
- Perform other duties as necessary
Professional Development Benefits:
- Includes a $1000 stipend payable in December and May
- Gain a better understanding of the issues facing the disability community
- Apply knowledge of services, policies and programs relevant to human resources/volunteer management
- Invited to training opportunities for personal and professional development
- Develops skills in human resources, communication, outreach, marketing, project and program management
- Demonstrates skill in effective use of resources and supports
- Attends to professional roles and boundaries
- Good written, oral communications and interpersonal skills needed
- Works well with others and autonomously; respects all cultures, people and work styles
- Reliable, flexible, detail oriented and open to feedback
- Organizational, time management and problem solving skills required along with proficient computer skills
- Manages multiple priorities and follows a project through to completion
- Pursuing human resources, non-profit management, psychology, communication or related field preferred
Time Commitment: A general human resources position for the 2021-2022 school year. An exit interview will also be conducted to gauge intern experience and to make recommendations for improvement.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through statewide programs and services, we help people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity, and belonging in community.
About The Arc Minnesota
2446 University Ave W, Suite 110, Saint Paul, MN 55114, US
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities.
The Arc Minnesota changes attitutdes, changes policies, and changes lives. The Arc Minnesota does this by providing individuals and families information and assistance around disability rights, laws and services. The Arc also provides workshops, support groups, counseling, individual and systems advocacy from birth throughout the lifespan.