Graphic Design, Agency Intern - 2021-2022 School Year
The Arc Minnesota
This stipend eligible position is for the 2021-2022 school year and includes a $1000 stipend payable in December and May. Directly supporting marketing and communications team, this position participates as a member of the team by applying and implementing skills in creative design for The Arc organization. This position includes, but is not limited to, editing and designing digital files for print and online modalities. Work is conducted in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Marketing & Communications Manager and the Director of Marketing.
- Design and develop fundraising, event and programmatic print and electronic materials with deliverables and delivery schedule
- Implement designs on schedule while updating, evaluating and editing existing files
- Work with team members to conceptualize and develop graphics and designs
- Develop, recommend and implement compelling new campaign visuals
- Create, print and deliver designs for promotional pieces meeting quality standards
- Evaluate and report on strength of assets (designs);make recommendations based on review of competitors’ and best in class
- Research and recommend processes for on-demand and cross departmental marketing
- Provide design and content recommendations for The Arc website; implement changes as directed
- Evaluate process effectiveness and makes recommendations for improvement
- Web and database related work along with other duties and projects as requested
Professional Development Opportunities:
- Includes a $1000 stipend payable in December and May
- Gain experience by applying design talent and knowledge that contributes to a nonprofit supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Gain a working understanding of the workflow, production requirements and creativity required to succeed in a graphic design environment
- Expand professional portfolio with a wide variety of design and production applications
- Demonstrate professional demeanor in behavior, appearance and communication to multiple audiences
- Demonstrate skill in effective use of resources and time management
- Knowledge of media and electronic communication systems; must have demonstrated knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Photoshop specifically
- Knowledge of marketing and communications
- Willingness to demonstrate initiative and successfully work both as a team member and independently
- Excellent project management, problem solving and time management skills; must be action oriented
- Project management experience; can prioritize and multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Must possess excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Pursing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Arts or related field preferred
Time Commitment: A digital and graphic design position for the 2021-2022 school year. An exit interview will also be conducted to gauge intern experience and to make recommendations for improvement.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through statewide programs and services, we help people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity, and belonging in community.
About The Arc Minnesota
2446 University Ave W, Suite 110, Saint Paul, MN 55114, US
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities.
The Arc Minnesota changes attitutdes, changes policies, and changes lives. The Arc Minnesota does this by providing individuals and families information and assistance around disability rights, laws and services. The Arc also provides workshops, support groups, counseling, individual and systems advocacy from birth throughout the lifespan.