HUCA:Recruiter (Recruitment of Volunteers)
JerseySTEM is searching for a volunteer to join our team of Recruiting Partners. In this role, you will be managing the full recruitment life cycle: identifying, sourcing, recruiting, screening and recommending placement of volunteers for the organization. As a Recruiting Partner, you will partner closely with stakeholders for your business function as well as the wider HR organization.
Please note: This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Partners with an assigned business area within JerseySTEM to support their recruiting efforts and hiring needs
- Responsible for owning the entire life cycle of the recruiting process from sourcing to closing candidates, ensuring a great candidate experience
- Uses creative sourcing methods to identify and attract quality candidates
- Partners with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting strategies for position(s) and guiding and advising on recruitment processes
- Establishes and maintains meaningful relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and HR business partners across the organization
- Collaborates closely with team sourcers and onboarding specialist as well as other important business partners and stakeholders
- Conducts weekly reporting on recruitment efforts for assigned business function
Required Education, Background, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders across the organization
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Work experience from a Talent Acquisition/Recruiting Operations capacity required, proven track record as a Recruiter strongly preferred
- Knowledge of recruitment best practices, interview techniques and sourcing methods
- Strong proficiency in G-suite required
- Knowledge using Slack, Salesforce, and JIRA is preferred
- Experience with start-up/non-profit environment is a big plus
JerseySTEM utilizes G-Suite (Gmail, Sheets...), JIRA and Slack
Since most roles in the organization are virtual, it requires access to a personal computer and WiFi
Please note this is a remote and unpaid, volunteer position with a weekly time commitment of 8-10 hours
If you are interested in this volunteer position with JerseySTEM, please complete the application here: volunteer.apply.jerseystem.org AND with VolunteerMatch
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
Our Mission JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st century problem solving skills, and self esteem. Our Goals Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation by serving 25,000 girls by 2025 Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.