Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Position Summary Welcome visitors and provide administrative support to the HR department.
- Basic receptionist duties
- Ensure that visitors and callers to the HR Department are greeted and directed to the appropriate person in HR for support or guidance
- Provide administrative support to HR Recruiters in recruiting strategies and tactics, and to the department, as needed
- Learn and oversee the required on-boarding paperwork and procedures for new staff, which may include issuance of ID and facility access badges
- Establish and maintain legally-sound job files for all recruitment activity, ensuring that all HR files are properly maintained and expunged as required
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Excellent organization and communication skills with all levels of staff
- Flexible, team-oriented professional, willing and ready to provide administrative support for all recruiting and on-boarding aspects of JAARS Internship Program, with a long-term interest in JAARS future recruiting initiatives, strategies, and goals
- A proactive, efficient, can-do, goal-oriented work style that can negotiate, yet also quickly adapt to ever-changing HR priorities; comfortable with periodic interruptions based on needs and requests
- Ability or willingness to learn HR consultation to managers on all aspects of recruitment: position description design, sourcing, interviewing, offer negotiation to external hires and JAARS internal transfer invitation process
- Proven computer skills and experience, preferably in Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of and ability to stay concurrent with employment law to ensure compliance with JAARS commitment to EEO policies is preferred
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.