Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
The Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator will assist and advise the Director of Safety and Security in the creation and maintenance of general safety standards, policies and procedures for JAARS.
He or she will have the challenge of defining and coordinating Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards for a diverse group of personnel working in aviation, construction, shipping and receiving, auto repair, land transportation and administration.
- Develop, document, and maintain organizational safety standards and training in coordination with affected departments and safety personnel
- Keep JAARS current on environmental health and safety regulations
- Communicate standards to Department Safety Coordinators
- Administer training and updates to staff, maintain training records, and manage new hazards, as mandated by regulatory authorities
- Conduct audits and accident investigations and provide audit oversight to department safety coordinators
- Determine checklist safety standards and provide up-to-date checklists to department safety coordinators
- Complete, file, and send required, recurring reports to OSHA, NCDOL, and the EPA
- Investigate workplace injuries and ensure all injury reports are completed
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embraces the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Innate ability to take large and complex problems and break them down into coherent and achievable tasks
- Appreciates consistency and defined parameters and enjoys creating them where none exist
- Motivated by achievement and loves checklists
- Ability to understand the nuances of a culture and adjust personal and work expectations accordingly
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.