AgeGuide Northeastern IL Area Agency on Aging
The Long Term Care Ombudsman Program is looking for volunteers to visit residents of assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.
The volunteer would assist the residents with concerns they may be experiencing during their stay. They would report to a volunteer coordinator who will make sure they are properly trained before going out.
The Illinois Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP) is a resident-directed advocacy program which protects and improves the quality of life for residents in a variety of long-term care settings.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions this program has modifications to ensure safety.
About AgeGuide Northeastern IL Area Agency on Aging
1910 S. Highland Ave., Suite 100, Ste.100, Lombard, IL 60148, US
We Strive to make aging easier through the development and promotion of a network of services for older persons designed to optimize the quality of their lives. Our most cherished belief is that all older persons should be respected for their individual value, dignity and contributions to society and that their autonomy and privacy must be protected.
At AgeGuide, we empower older adults to remain independent, connected and to age well. We do that through our advocacy and coordination of life changing resources such as meals, transportation, caregiver and family support. These meaningful services optimize quality of life and offer peace of mind.
AgeGuide serves 8 counties: Kankakee, Grundy, Will, Kane Mchenry, Lake and DuPage Counties. We fund the following programs with State and Federal funds to support aging programs:
1. Information and Assistance-what services, programs and benefits are available and how to obtain them.
2. Community Dining Centers: Over 50 sites across the region to provide hot, nutritious meals to seniors.
3. Counseling services
4. Family Caregiver Support Programs
5. Meals on Wheels or Home delivered meals Mon.-Fri. to those unable to leave their homes.
6. Legal Services
8. Long Term Care Ombudsman services
9. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
10. Elder Abuse Intervention
11. Home Repair
12. Senior Medicare Patrol-To educate seniors about Medicare fraud