Volunteer Copywriter Team Lead (Remote)
African Development Choices
About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Copywriter to join ADC. The copywriter will write clear and concise copy for our official website.
The right candidate will be able to write free-form text. This is a big challenge so the right candidate should have a good command of English. Furthermore, the copywriter will be able to showcase their expertise in creating original content to support our SEO strategy. In this role, it will be necessary to regulate and check other people’s content.
- Understand the key messages ADC is seeking to express and translate this into written copy
- Create compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience
- Review and make improvements to existing copy on digital and print channels
- Edit and proofread copy produced by other teams
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
What we offer you:
- Knowledge of copywriting strategies for digital and print channels
- Ability to write strong, succinct copy
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Available to volunteer at least 7 hours a week
- Free professional learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to build your work experience within the field of copywriting
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives in Africa
- We will provide work reference for you
We look forward to receiving your application
ADC Recruitment TeamImportant message: Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ADC. We request all the applicants to forward your CV to email@example.com with your full name and the position you are interested in. If you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks, the role may have been filled.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.