Patient Support Volunteer
Are you caring, reliable, and friendly?
We are looking for Patient Support Volunteers. Volunteers visit with patients to help ease loneliness and provide overall companionship. Some patients are in need of a simple presence visit, receiving a sense of relief knowing that someone is there with them. Volunteers also provide respite visits allowing a family member time to run errands.
During visits volunteers may play music, games, read, or sit and talk with the patient. Some patients do not have family and friends who are able to visit.
- Location(s): opportunities in Lawrence, Orange, Crawford, Jackson, Washington, Harrison, Jennings, Jefferson, Scott, Clark, Floyd counties.
- Training is provided by Kindred Hospice and can be based on your schedule.
- Days and hours: Flexible.
- Time commitment: Minimum of 4 hrs per month
- Requirements: A background check, drug screen, and TB Skin Test.
*This is a position requiring patient interaction. Please call Peggy at 812.284.2600 for more information about all available volunteer opportunities. Kindred Hospice Volunteers are provided orientation and training that will fit their busy schedule.
About Kindred Hospice
391 Quartermaster Court, Jeffersonville, IN 47130, US
To make a difference in the lives of our patients and families by working hand and hand throughout their journey.
Hospice care is specially designed to comfort patients and family members when patients have reached a point in their lives where the priority of care turns to ensuring the patient is at ease, rather than curing the illness.