During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The Director of Development - Volunteer Partner serves as the right-hand to the Regional Chief Development Officer, helping to develop strategies, execute tasks, and manage volunteers within the Development Department. We prefer someone with previous leadership experience in fundraisings, serving on community boards.
- Consult with Regional Chief Development Officer to develop departmental goals, strategy and objectives.
- Partner with Regional Chief Development Officer to achieve goals and execute tasks related to: development strategies for prospecting, donor engagement and stewardship; implementation of organizational campaigns; and volunteer engagement.
- Support volunteer managers within the Development department by providing strategic leadership in concert with the Regional Chief Development Officer.
- Liaison and collaborate with other Red Cross teams on behalf of the Development Department.
- Professional experience in fundraising and/or corporate/business-to-business sales leadership experience, preferably in a leadership position
- Strategic agility with ability to plan strategies and follow through on implementation
- Knowledge of office systems, including database systems (Salesfoce.com)
- Strong writing, verbal, organization, delegation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide leadership and counsel to volunteers and employees
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services, operations and mission (training will be provided)
- Enthusiasm for Red Cross mission and programs
How to Apply:
Go to www.redcross.org/volunteer to access the online application and create a Volunteer Connection account. Having an active account in Volunteer Connection serves as your personal volunteer profile, gets you access to online training and benefits, helps track your impact with us, and will help you stay up-to-date on Red Cross activities in the local area and beyond. The steps include:
33 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
Your CommunityAlbany, NY 12205
May 4, 2020