Reporting to the Founder/CEO and Lead Facilitator, the Program Assistant supports the organization and promotion of events/programs, market research, collateral development and distribution, and general marketing of the organization and its mission. The intern will gain valuable skills in relationship building, positioning, messaging, marketing,and program development. In this pandemic era, the work of Cultural Fabric continues to address holistic well-being, including individual and collective care based on the yogic system, and healing racialized trauma to re-create individual and collective safety in communities and organizations.
Reports to : Founder/CEO
- Assist in planning and managing events, including flow, ordering and organizing materials, audio/visual, and other event details
- Conduct outreach and participant engagement on the web and via email
- Create and/or analyze event marketing plans and conversion rates
- Write press releases for events, create promotional materials (e.g. flyers, postcards)
- Solicit sponsorship donations and track sponsor relationships
- Collect internal and external feedback, summarize for comprehensive post-event evaluations, and provide recommended program changes
- Recommend ways to improve events and results
- Create and maintain event calendar, sourcing potential opportunities and ensuring timely execution
- Proficient in all Microsoft software applications (preferred: design skills, and basic website updating)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, think outside the box, problem-solve, and pay great attention to details
- Positive attitude and approach and the ability to work independently
- Schedule is flexible and based on availability, 10-24 hours/week
- Unpaid; may generate events marketing portfolio
- Hands-on, practical and creative experience in a social impact business
- Events and communications writing/design portfolio compilation
- Personal development class enrollment (Cultural Fabric programs)
- Networking, professional connections
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Cultural Fabric
PO Box 935, Watertown, MA 02471, US
Cultural Fabric creates safe space to elevate consciousness, promote racial healing, and catalyze social transformation.
Cultural Fabric is an educational consulting practice helping people elevate internal consciousness to transform external environments. The heart of our mission is creating safe spaces to promote the thriving of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) in corporate or community settings. We believe racial healing is the foundational work within the business concept of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) and that when the most marginalized among us are healed, we will all be healed. This is the social transformation for which we strive when we coach staff and leaders to integrate mindfulness into DEI communications strategy and implementation. Services include: facilitation of full team dialogues and retreats; curation of BIPOC affinity spaces; and leadership coaching to move organizations from equity and anti-racism value statements to aligned actions.