13 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
The Graphic Designer is responsible for partnering with our branding team. The Graphic Designer will produce elements such as brochures, letters, marketing collaterals, high fidelity wireframes for our website, and print material such as banners. He/she should be an expert at Adobe Suite and interested in building their portfolio. Some of their work will be featured in major newspapers and media.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing
What’s in it for the Volunteer
- Work with savvy entrepreneurs and business leaders and gain experience at a nonprofit startup
- Gain experience by working on cutting-edge technologies and tools
- Opportunity to publish their work in major newspapers and media
- Build professional network and references. Our executive and management teams are very experienced business leaders who are committed to personal su
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Use creative skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, MS word, G-Suite to create marketing collaterals such as brochures, magazines, newsletters, decks, print items, booth marketing kits, and stationary
- Follow graphic charter guidelines and partner with PR teams to create marketing collaterals aligned with corporate identity
- Be accountable for the delivery by deadlines set by management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Dependency and commitment to the job
- Demonstrate a passion for kids, education, and graphic designing
- Must be extremely tech savvy
Required Education and Experience
- Past experience(s) in Graphic Design. Applicants asked to submit a portfolio
JerseySTEM utilizes G-Suite (Gmail, Sheets...), JIRA and Slack
Since most roles in the organization are virtual, it requires access to a personal computer and WiFi
A week in a life:(average for 3 hours/week)
- Daily: check email/social media report report or deal with anything utgent (15mn)
- Tuesday evening and Thursday evening: Post have a call/meeting with the host sites (30mn x 2)
- Once a week: Participate in the departmental review of Pipeline (30mn)
Virtual Locations, Florham Park, NJ 07901, US
At this time, we are only able to enlist the help of volunteers with an address in the United States or Canada. If you are not located in the United States or Canada, pls do not apply to JerseySTEM and and good luck applying to the many great charities who are equipped to manage non US/Canada based volunteers. Good Luck. JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to girls grade 5-8 from underserved communities in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 29, 2023
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 3 hours/week, 6-9 months