Members serve on the Board of Directors and are responsible for providing leadership for the organization. The Board provides ongoing direction and support, develops priorities and policies, and ensures fiscal integrity.
Board members are expected to:
- Attend quarterly meetings of the Board, reviewing materials sent in advance
- Participate in the deliberations and decisions of the Board
- Serve on at least one committee of the Board
- Provide positive feedback and constructive criticism internally, and positive representation externally
- Participate in fundraising and advocacy activities
- Make available to the organization, through specified and appropriate channels, any special skill or knowledge that is relevant to the mission of the organization
- Make a financial contribution to the organization of any size in accordance with your means
About LOUVIS SERVICES
4035 WASHINGTON AVE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70125, US
Our mission is to spark hope, encourage innovation and find the best solutions to house and support people who are homeless.
Louvis Services is a nonprofit affordable housing developer. Our goal is to increase the number of affordable rental units in the community, initially to build housing for 10 homeless people in the Lower Ninth Ward community. We are planning to build the prototype/model of a tiny house duplex which we will replicate throughout the New Orleans area. The property that we selected is a vacant lot on a block with only three homes. Most of the other lots are vacant and/or blighted properties. It is our wish to build in areas that will immediately improve as a result of our rental homes.
This is a permanent supportive housing project where we combine affordable housing with flexible services that will help tenants establish healthy and stable lives. We are also planning an edible landscape program, offering tenants the opportunity to grow their own fruits and vegetables, promoting healthy eating as well as the possibility of increasing their income by selling at local farmers’ markets.