16 people are interested
Vigil Care Needed
ORGANIZATION: Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
We are committed to patient safety and assuring that no patient dies alone. A Vigil Care Volunteer supports the plan of care for the hospice patient, to ensure patient safety and to provide a presence and support to the patient when death is imminent. Vigil Care is implemented to provide support to the caregiver/family members who feel overwhelmed or scared when death of their loved one is imminent.
Vigil Care Volunteers may come in hours or days before death. If the vigil is long, the vigil staff and volunteers may take shifts if the patient or family wants someone there continuously. Vigil Care Volunteers are asked to document using volunteer documentation tools. If you think you have what it takes to be a death vigil volunteer, contact us today!
Vigil Care may include:
- Providing a calm physical presence
- Sitting together
- Talking and listening
- Shared silence
- Healing touch
- Reading of scripture or inspirational text
- Requested rituals
- Inspirational music
- Physical care by licensed skilled nurses or certified nursing assistants
About Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care
908 SW 107th St., Oklahoma City, OK 73170, US
Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care is a community based hospice care organization dedicated to hospice care and focused on meeting or exceeding our patients’ individual medical, emotional and spiritual needs, while making each remaining moment as meaningful as possible.
Possible Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care hospice volunteer opportunities include:
- Activity Volunteers - Provide assistance to patients with activities (i.e., play games, afternoon tea, reading, knitting).
- Direct Patient Care Volunteers - Trained volunteers visit or telephone patients and families at home, in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or inpatient units.
- Hair Care Volunteers - Trained patient-care volunteers provide haircuts, shampoos and styling to patients and families. The hair care volunteers must have a current cosmetology license.
- Pet Volunteers - Screened and trained pets and their volunteer handlers visit patients and provide socialization, comfort, and more.
- Music Volunteers - Trained patient care volunteers provide support to the patient and family by singing or playing a musical instrument.
- Photography Volunteers - These volunteers provide comfort and support by taking professional pictures of patients and families. The photography volunteer will provide a picture CD to families.
8241 S Walker AveSte 204Oklahoma City, OK 73139
September 15, 2023
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 to 8 hours per week