1 person is interested
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit based in Austin, Texas, with team members in the US, Peru, and Ecuador. We conserve and restore tropical rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
RP is looking for a Program Manager for 6 months to support our external communications. The Program Manager will work to manage Rainforest Partnership’s community programs and strengthen our brand reputation.
- Entrepreneurial: resourceful, innovative, and action oriented.
- Efficient: organized and process/procedure driven.
- Empathetic: respect and understanding toward other’s perspectives
- Authentic: genuine and self-aware.
- Positive: focused on moving us toward desired results.
- Strategizing/Presenting/Managing programmatic planning (Films for the Forest at SXSW, Amazon in Austin, World Rainforest Day, Non-profit Galas, Vendor events, etc.)
- Setting program goals and ensuring the goals are met
- Outbound program communications (text, DM’s, emails, phone calls)
- Inbound program communications (text, DM’s, emails, phone calls)
- Research and Development (market trends, target demographics, venues, events, conferences)
- Overseeing the program team
- Managing budget
- Program management experience
- Time management skills
- Strong knowledge of the English language (grammar, syntax, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
- Able to compose compelling narratives and stories under time constraint (i.e. distilling text into concise + impactful statements.)
About Rainforest Partnership
800 W 34th St, Suite 105, Austin, TX 78705, US
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.
We'll work with your schedule.
800 W 34th StreetSuite 105Austin, TX 78705
February 26, 2020
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- 10-20 hours per week