K.I.N.D. Girls Mentoring Program, Inc.
The Board Chair of K.I.N.D. Girls Mentoring Program has the following duties:
- Partners with the Executive Director to achieve the organization’s mission
- Chairs the Board meetings and prepares agendas for those meetings with the Executive Director
- Assigns Board members to standing and ad hoc Board meetings
- Works with the Executive Director to develop a Board commitment form, and to ensure it is signed by all Board members and reviewed annually
- Initiates the process for Board goals and work plans, as well as the Board’s self-evaluation
- Keeps the Board at the governance level of thinking at meetings and in all discussions
- Provides leadership to organizational fundraising with personal contributions as well as asking others
- Ensures the Board is in compliance with the by-laws and any local, state, or federal laws governing Board of Directors
- Listens to and reflects concerns the Executive Director and management have about the role of the Board, and reflects concerns the Board has about the organization to the Executive Director
- Leads the Executive Director evaluation and salary review process; communicates the results of the evaluation and salary review process to the Executive Director
- Serves as a spokesperson for the organization in conjunction with the Executive Director and communications staff
About K.I.N.D. Girls Mentoring Program, Inc.
PO Box 131971, Houston, TX 77219, US
Our mission is to empower girls ages 11-18 with true knowledge as we help them discover the connection between their passion, potential and purpose, guiding them through the challenges they will face during their transition from adolescence into adulthood in a safe place.
In wanting to protect and guide girls toward a fulfilling life, we discovered that the challenges in our sexualized culture were many and in some ways were multiplying. It was important to search for solid, research-based information to help girls safely navigate today’s sexual culture thus K.I.N.D. Girls was started. It takes a lot of patience, skill and understanding to communicate with an adolescent. We want girls to be grounded and to discover "who she is", her worth and value and not who pop culture tells her she should be. If a girl grows up without sound guidance, she is vulnerable to making poor decisions and setting unworthy goals.
- To provide true information to help girls avoid unplanned pregnancies, binge drinking, promiscuity, wasting their time, being led astray by peers and so on.