Nonprofit Executive Assistant
K.I.N.D. Girls Mentoring Program, Inc.
The Executive Assistant provides office support by implementing administrative systems, policies, and monitoring administrative projects. This position supports the Chief Executive Officer in his/her work by conserving their time spent on routine administrative tasks and by appropriately representing the organization internally and externally as well as serving as the liaison between the CEO, board of directors, senior managers, and staff.
- This position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by assisting the CEO in managing the organization's function, including fundraising activities, program expansion and promotion.
- Maintain the CEO’s calendar, schedule appointments and arrange meetings and conferences
- Supporting the work of the CEO and Board with timely distribution of the minutes and other relevant materials
- Coordinate the activities of various support staff to ensure adequate staffing for answering phones, entering of data, copying and mailing of documents, etc.
- Ensure that all office equipment is in proper working order
- Maintain and update all required volunteer postings on various platforms
- Purchase office supplies and/or equipment, including maintaining appropriate documentation of purchasing decisions and forwarding purchase orders, packing slips and invoices to the fiscal department on a timely basis.
- Review invoices for accuracy and forward to fiscal department on a timely basis
- Oversee job search log on a monthly basis for all inquiries
- Maintain contract, personnel and contact logs
Role and requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Nonprofit experience is a plus
- Experience with grant writing and fundraising is a plus
Abilities and Skills:
- Motivated self-starter who works well in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Professional manner and appearance; warm personal style
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, database management, webpage posting and electronic communication software
- Detail oriented and organized
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to multi task efficiently
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
About K.I.N.D. Girls Mentoring Program, Inc.
PO Box 131971, Houston, TX 77219, US
Our mission is to empower girls ages 11-18 with true knowledge as we help them discover the connection between their passion, potential and purpose, guiding them through the challenges they will face during their transition from adolescence into adulthood in a safe place.
In wanting to protect and guide girls toward a fulfilling life, we discovered that the challenges in our sexualized culture were many and in some ways were multiplying. It was important to search for solid, research-based information to help girls safely navigate today’s sexual culture thus K.I.N.D. Girls was started. It takes a lot of patience, skill and understanding to communicate with an adolescent. We want girls to be grounded and to discover "who she is", her worth and value and not who pop culture tells her she should be. If a girl grows up without sound guidance, she is vulnerable to making poor decisions and setting unworthy goals.
- To provide true information to help girls avoid unplanned pregnancies, binge drinking, promiscuity, wasting their time, being led astray by peers and so on.