Habitat Restoration Task Force
Ogden Nature Center
Are you interested in restoring habitats at the Ogden Nature Center? Join the habitat restoration task force to get involved in restoration activities including invasive species removal, native seed collection, seeding with native species, and planting and watering trees. Task Force members will be making a huge difference in allowing us to preserve pristine habitats to support wildlife and for the public to learn from. If you are interested, please sign up for an orientation on our website.Key Responsibilities
- Work with a habitat restoration intern to learn how to restore habitats at the Ogden Nature Center
- Participate in Stewardship Days throughout the year where task force members will have the opportunity to get together and tackle stewardship projects
- Help lead habitat restoration volunteer groups during large habitat restoration events
- Assist in controlling invasive plant species and encouraging native plant establishment
- Safely use tools and return them after completion
- Represent the Ogden Nature Center and help educate visitors about the importance of habitat restoration
Volunteer Coordinator- email@example.comLength of Appointment
Ongoing- Spring to Early Fall is when we are activeTime Commitment
Shifts and hours are flexible. Planned habitat restoration task force days will be offered several times per season and you will be given advanced notice of when these activities and gatherings are. You can expect to put in anywhere from 2-10 hours per week or every other week as a member of the task force, depending on your schedule.Qualifications
- Must have a desire and willingness to learn about habitat restoration
- Must be able to safely and effectively use tools and equipment
- Must be respectful of staff, visitors and other volunteers
- Must be willing to have fun with a great team of volunteers!
Volunteers will undergo an orientation and receive a volunteer handbook.Benefits
- Invitation to volunteer recognition events
- Rewards for number of hours of service completed (see volunteer handbook)
- Gain new skills such as plant identification and work with a great team of staff and volunteers
- Make a difference and have a positive impact on the community!
About Ogden Nature Center
966 West 12th Street, Ogden, UT 84404, US
To unite people with nature and to nurture appreciation and stewardship of the environment.
152-acre nature preserve for the enjoyment of people and wildlife. We offer nature education programs, quiet walking trails around ponds and other habitats, and have great nature exhibits. Visit our birds of prey and water birds and enjoy self-guided learning activities.